Thursday, 4 December 2014

RESEARCH: Cardboard Boxes with Locking Tabs

While buying some food at the University's Peer Tree, I decided to take some pictures of the packaging that was used. Although held together by a little glue, the basis of the box was that it was a single unit that folded into shape, with the lid held in place by a locking tab that easily slides into the slot, making sure that the contents of the box do not fall out. I felt that the basic concept of this box was similar to what I wanted to achieve with my own designs, getting the card to lock together and hold the box together with little-to-no adhesives used.




I later took similar pictures of a shoebox, which used the same locking tab technique. However, unlike the food box, it did not need glue to hold it together, as it folded into position and was held entirely together by its locking tabs.







No comments:

Post a Comment