Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Practical Packaging Task

These photos depict the two box structures that I constructed from the net samples. They seemed to have been specifically designed to be held together by glue, so I tried to compensate this by inserting slits into the design which would attach to lock tabs that I had also added to the design. The tabs work very well in holding the box together, although they are not that strong since the boxes are both made from paper. This could be improved by replacing the material with cardboard, which would be more robust and easier in some respects to cut into the proper shape.


Test One
Box shape cut-out and prepared to be folded into place.
Completed box held upright. Note: Lock tabs on bottom did not quite work and have to be held in place by sticky tape.
Box laid on side. Rectangular hole cut out for content to be displayed in.



Test Two

Completed box based on Corgi car packaging.

Box with open flaps.









No comments:

Post a Comment