Thursday, 4 December 2014

MAIN BRIEF: Partition Layout Re-Designed

Prior to making the prototype for my box, I decided to redesign the Partition for the centre of the box, so that a handle could be included, as well as locking tabs to hold the pieces to the base of the box. The locking tab idea related back to my Practical Packaging Task, where I used the tabs to hold the boxes together without using any adhesives, and I also realised that the handle was vital to enable customers to carry their boxes. I also wanted to get my measurements right so that the box would be more obviously shaped like the brim of a bowler hat and also give more room for the bottles to fit in.

Note: First Sketch (Top) was too narrow in shape, so I widened it out a little (Bottom).

Slots have been reversed on designs, to make room for the handle at the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment